Yale Memorial Cemetery
14490 Lewis River Road
The Yale Memorial Cemetery is located about 22 miles east of Woodland, Washington. The original cemetery was located upon an acre of land on the north slope of the Yale Valley. John Trontla, whose grave is located on a high knoll overlooking the valley, donated the land for original cemetery in 1886. Many graves, including several that perished in the 1902 Yacolt Fire, are unmarked.
Eventually Cowlitz County Cemetery District #2 took over the management of the Yale Memorial Cemetery in the 1950's. The Cemetery District purchased 5 acres as an addition to the original cemetery.