3819 Lewis River Road
The Frank Abel Cemetery is located about 7 miles east of Woodland on the Lewis River Road. Frank Abel, an early Lewis River Valley pioneer, donated the original one-acre tract of land. The oldest burial according to headstones was Mary McAferty who died in 1873. There are currently about 450 burials in the original cemetery, although some of the graves are unmarked, most have headstones.
In 1955 Frank Abel Cemetery became part of Cowlitz County Cemetery District #2 and several additional parcels of land have been added to the original cemetery. Frank Abel is currently the most frequently used cemetery in the Woodland area.